Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The worst blogger?

That may well be me. No update for nearly a month and a half, and it's not as if there's been nothing going on. As I mentioned before, there's the temptation to do a huge catch up type post when it's been a while but then you just get fed up and get nowhere. So where have we been?

Well, the PC has been dead for a while - lack of service support from Dell, who are - can I just say - rubbish. I defy them to come back to me and defend themselves. Enough of that though, it's sorted now. Next we've had the car fail its MOT test and a bill of a few hundred quid to sort the brakes. It has to go, really it does. The temptation is still the Land Rover 90 or 110 - interesting fact: the 90 or 110 refers to the vehicle length in inches apparently - but they're hopelessy uneconomical so we've sorted ourselves out with a nice Peugot 306
Turbo Diesel Estate which we collect this weekend. Thank goodness for that...

We've still been freezing of late though, the central heating and woodburning/multifuel stove only got fired up last night (23rd Nov) to provide us with some much needed warmth. Hopefully that will take care of itself. Gail's pal Davie (he of electric sorting out fame) put the system in, slowed down no doubt by our incompetent attempts to assist. How is it that one can feel so "handless" in the face of someone so practical? I've been thinking a lot about that actually - I don't have any "skills" to speak of which I can pass on. Okay, I'm a school teacher but there are curriculum documents to help and lesson plans to follow, what I lack are real, practical things that I can do and be able to pass on to, say, Ben. I know about 20 odd guitar chords now though, that's a start...

What else? Oh, feaschar mhath and all that - started Gaelic classes last month and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a really tricky language but I think my Glaswegian upbringing and those West-coast (Scotland, not L.A.) glottal stops are helping. Interesting fact number 2: S ma shin means "that's good" and it looks (and sounds) suspiciously like "smashing"...which is nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

10 August 2005 at 20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home